Gobhi Methi Matar Kurma Recipe, a very simple, healthy & flavorful Coconut based curry which can be enjoyed with Roti or any Indian flat bread variety. For better flavor, use fresh methi leaves instead of dry ones. To make this curry more creamy, cashew-nut paste or dairy cream can be added. I have thick thick curry to serve with roti. To make it water, you can adjust water / coconut milk accordingly.
You can try the curry base with any other vegetables like broccoli, carrot, soya chunks or paneer / tofu. If planning to use frozen peas, then thaw it at room temperature before using for cooking. Instead of adding plain water, you can try adding vegetable stock for more flavors. This rustic sabzi is made in a south Indian style by including coconut milk. This is a perfect winter food as cauliflower and green peas are found in abundant during winter season.
Some of the other curry varieties you can try are, Kadai Paneer, Soya Chunks Kurma, Chettinadu Style Pepper Tofu Masala, Spinach & Chickpeas Curry, Aloo Roganjosh & Achari Gobhi & Brussels Sprouts. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
- 15-16 cauliflower florets
- ½ cup fresh green peas
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh methi leaves
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- 1 tomato – finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 cup thick coconut milk
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Boil cauliflower and green peas in water for 5 mins. Drain the water completely. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onions and cook for a minute on low-medium flame. Now, add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir well.
- Now, add methi leaves, cauliflower florets and green peas. Mix well. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and salt to taste.
- Now, add ¼ cup water and cook for 2 mins. Add coconut milk and cook it covered on low flame for 10-15 mins. Serve this kurma with roti.