Indian Style Cold Pasta Salad with Potatoes & Green Chutney, an easy and chatpata indian style pasta salad flavored with green chutney. Apart from potato and capsicum, you can add other vegetables like green peas, carrot, beans, etc. For green chutney, refer my recipe here. I have also shared the recipe for chat masala. I always try to give indian makeover to pasta and shared many recipes. This recipe is easy to prepare and doesn’t require much effort. On the whole, it serves as a filling salad. If you do not wish to add green chutney then skip it.
For non-vegetarians, they can add shredded chicken or cooked prawn or even crab meat to this pasta. The blend of flavors gives a nice indian touch to the humble pasta. You can replace chat masala with amchur powder. Some of my indian inspired Pasta recipes shared in the blog, Creamy Crab Meat & Butter Beans Pasta, Achari Prawns with Pasta, Vegetable Pasta Biryani, Kola Urundai Pasta Masala, Gongura Fusili Pasta & Channa Masala Pasta. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat pasta
- ½ cup boiled and diced potatoes
- ¼ cup diced capsicum
- ½ cup hung yogurt
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- green chutney
- parmesan cheese - optional
- chat masala - optional
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan and roast potatoes and capsicum cubes for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. For assembling, take a mixing bowl. Add cooked pasta, roasted potato and capsicum cubes, lemon juice & pepper powder. Now, Add salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add hung curd, green chutney and 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese. Mix well everything. Serve it immediately or keep it in refrigerator. Before serving, keep pasta salad at room temperature for 30 minutes and sprinkle little chat masala.