Khoya Gulab Jamun, how to prepare yummy gulab jamun with khoya / mawa / khoa / milk solids. A rich and delicious Indian dessert, easy to prepare and makes a great dessert for any occasion or party events. Truly speaking, you do not need any occasion to prepare this mouthwatering gulab jamun. They can be prepared anytime. Gulab Jamun can be served as it is or serve them with vanilla ice cream or carrot halwa.
Mawa / Khoya can be prepared at home by boiling milk till it is reduced to half and you get milk solids. Or you can also use store bought mawa to prepare gulab jamun. When its gulab jamun in the menu, I really dont care about calories 🙂 I can have even 10 gulab jamun per day without any hesitation. Gulab Jamun with Khoya turned out soft, to prepare stuffing, use chopped dry fruits. I have shared many varieties of gulab jamun such as, Milk Powder Gulab Jamun, Kala Jamun, Potato Gulab Jamun & Gulab Jamun made with Ready-made Mix. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
Khoya Gulab Jamun Recipe
- 200 gms unsweetened khoya / mawa
- ¾ cup maida / all-purpose flour
- A pinch of cooking soda
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Milk / water – to knead (if needed)
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Rose essence
- Take mawa and mix with maida, cooking soda and ghee in a bowl. Knead everything and add milk / water if needed to combine them together. Add 1 tsp at a time. Knead to a smooth dough and keep it closed.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup by combining sugar and water in a pan. Heat on low-medium flame. Cook till it reached half string consistency and switch off the flame. Add cardamom powder and few drops of rose essence. Keep it closed.
- Take the resting dough and make small balls without any cracks. Heat oil / ghee for deep frying in a pan or kadai. Heat it on low-medium flame.
- Drop 4-5 balls at a time and cook till it turns golden brown. Remove them carefully and drop in sugar syrup. Similarly proceed with the remaining jamun balls and cook them. Let them soak in syrup for 30 minutes or more if needed. Serve them with gajar halwa or ice cream.