Tofu Ladoo | How to prepare Tofu Ladoo, sugarless tofu ladoo recipe with step by step photos. A healthy and easy ladoo recipe which can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. A unique combo of tofu and coconut in an Indian dessert that can be tried for any festival like Diwali or Ganesh Chaturthi.
Today we will see how to prepare tofu coconut ladoo where palm jaggery is used as sweetener. This is not a vegan friendly recipe since I’ve used ghee. Grated coconut is roasted and cooked together with scrambled tofu. Use either fresh coconut or dry coconut. Fresh coconut must be roasted to remove moisture. I do not use coconut grater, instead, chop the coconut and blend in a mixer for single pulse.
Those who doesn’t like tofu can replace it with paneer / cottage cheese. To make this ladoo even more healthy, try adding one or two tbsp of millet flour. But it will totally alter the taste. I have added dry rose petals and dry nuts powder. For Chennai people, you can get dry rose petals in Spice Route. For dry nuts powder, please check my recipe of badam milk powder. It is completely optional.
Some of the ladoo recipes shared in my blog, Ragi Coconut Ladoo, Peanuts & Health Mix Ladoo, Sweet Corn & Bajra Ladoo, Ragi & Sesame Seeds Balls & Boondi Ladoo. You can also refer my post on collection of 20 plus ladoo recipes. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback with us.
Tofu Coconut Ladoo Recipe
- 100 gms tofu - scrambled
- 50 gms grated coconut
- ¼ cup powdered palm jaggery / karupati
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp dry fruits powder
- 1 tbsp dry rose petals
- 2 tbsp water
- 3-4 tsp ghee
- Please check below for the instructions.
Instructions to prepare Tofu Ladoo
- Blend scrambled tofu in a mixer for one pulse to get paste. Keep it aside. Heat a kadai. Add 1 tsp ghee and roast grated coconut till all the moisture is completely absorbed. Transfer it to a bowl. Add powdered jaggery and water in the same kadai.
- Add roasted coconut after jaggery is completely dissolved and give a stir. Noe, Add tofu paste and cardamom powder. Combine well everything. Now, add dry rose petals and dry fruits powder. Stir well. Keep the flame to low-medium.
- Add 1 tsp ghee at a time and stir the mixture. The whole process takes about 10-13 minutes. Switch off the flame. Grease your palm with ghee and start making ladoo. Store ladoo in an airtight container. It will stay well for 2 days if refrigerated.