Badam Sharbat Recipe, a healthy and nutritious sharbat, acts as a summer coolant drink. Apart from badam and melon seeds, you can also add poppy seeds to this sharbat. Kewra essence can be replaced by Rose Essence.
It is a known fact that Badam / Almond is highly nutritious and contains good and healthy fat. It should not be eaten raw. Either soak it in water, remove the skin and have it or roast almonds before eating. It also possess stress relieving factor and controls hunger. We prepare badam milk powder along with other nuts like pistachio, raisin, cashew etc.. Badam Sharbat is similar to powder except for it is in liquid form and cannot be stored for a longer time like powder.
Prepare badam sharbat paste and mix with cold milk for refreshing taste. I have used jaggery, but you can also use sugar. Some of the smoothie / milkshake recipes shared in my blog, Apple & Nuts Milkshake, Palapazham Milkshake, Sabja Seeds Smoothie, Mango, Cherry & Oats Smoothie & Flax Seeds Milkshake. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback with us.
Badam Sharbat Recipe
- 50 gms badam
- 3 tbsp melon seeds
- 100 gms powdered jaggery / sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Few drops of kewra essence
- Few saffron strands
- Soak almonds in enough water for overnight. Soak melon seeds in water for 2-3 hours. Peel off the skin of almonds and blend with melon seeds in a mixer adding ¼ cup water. Strain almond milk and keep aside.
- Heat jaggery and 1 cup water in a pan. Once jaggery is completely dissolved, add almond milk and cardamom powder.
- Cook till the mixture is reduced to half. It may take around 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- For Sharbat, use 1 or 2 tbsp of prepared badam syrup and mix with cold milk. Add few drops of kewra essence and saffron strands. Mix everything well and serve chilled with ice cubes.