Yogurt Honey Muffins, learn how to prepare honey muffins with whole wheat flour, curd, egg, butter and honey. This buttery cake is very moist and filled with the aroma of nutmeg powder. I have adapted the recipe from “500 Cakes and Bakes” cookbook.
I have already shared the recipe for egg-less honey cake. To make this recipe egg-less, you can replace egg with banana. Sometimes, I do not like the smell of eggs in bakes. Those like me can use brandy essence. Just a few drops of brandy essence is sufficient to suppress the smell of eggs in cakes and other bakes. I have added butter in this recipe, you can replace butter with olive oil.
These muffins make a great evening snacks or serve it for breakfast. For little bit of crunchiness, add walnuts to the batter. You can also add cherries or tutti frutti. Instead of adding adding flour, you can also mix millet flour like ragi or bajra or use multi-grain flour. You can either use muffin cups or mini bundt cake pans like I have used to prepare these cute buttery muffins.
Some of the muffin recipes shared in my blog, Jam Muffins, Oreo Muffins, Zucchini Carrot Muffins, Peanut Butter Muffins and Apple Butterscotch Muffins. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Yogurt Honey Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ¾ cup curd / yogurt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup honey
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- few drops of brandy essence - optional
- Keep all the ingredients at room temperature before starting the process. I usually keep them out before one hour. You can keep butter outside 30 minutes prior to preparation.
- Sieve wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg powder. Transfer them to a mixing bowl. Take butter in a mixing bowl and beat it using electric beater or hand whisk till smooth. Now, add egg, lemon rinds and lemon juice.
- Beat well everything till you get smooth batter. Now, add yogurt and beat again. Add honey and few drops of brandy essence. Beat it again. If the batter looks like curdled, no need to worry.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold well everything.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 mins. Grease a muffin pan and keep muffin liners. Put 1 or 2 tbsp of muffin batter to each muffin cups.
- Bake at 180 degree C for 18-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick at the center of the muffin. It should come out clean. Take out the pan from oven and let it cool little bit in the pan for 10 mins. Transfer the muffins on the cooling rack and let it cool completely. Serve them.