Gobi Pakora Recipe, today we will see how to prepare an easy pakora variety made using cauliflower / gobhi. Whenever winter season arrives and the vegetable market are stocked up with cauliflowers, the first thing I make is gobi pakora. Sprinkle with little chat masala and serve with tea or coffee.
The preparation method is very simple. Prepare a batter using gram flour / besan, rice flour, corn flour and chili powder. Do not add more water . Just add few tbsp at a time and mix gobi with the batter. The final consistency should be light thick. Cauliflower should be coated with the masala and not too wet. You can either deep fry or bake them.
You can also serve gobi pakora with green chutney or add few chopped onion, chilies, cucumber and make gobi pakora chat. The similar way can be tried with paneer, mushroom, soya chunks, broccoli, baby corn, etc.. I have tried chicken and prawn pakoda. Always serve them hot for better results.
Gobi Pakora Recipe
- 250 gms cauliflower florets
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 5 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 and 1.2 tbsp besan / gram flour / kadalai maavu
- salt to taste
- ½ to ¾ cup water
- Please check the instructions below.
How to make Cauliflower Pakora
- Wash gobi florets. You can soak them in warm water for 2 minutes and use it. combine turmeric powder, chili powder, corn flour, rice flour, besan and salt in a mixing bowl. Add gobi florets and mix well everything. Now start adding few tbsp of water a time and mix everything well till gobi is coated well the masala.
- Close it and keep aside. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan or kadai. Take separate florets and put them in oil, cook till it turns golden brown and crispy. Proceed with the whole batch. Remove them from oil and drain the excess oil using a absorbent tissue paper. Serve them hot.