Mango Tea Cake Recipe, learn how to make easy mango tea cake with step by step photos. Serve this moist, soft and dense mango cake with a cup of tea or coffee.
This is not an egg-less and butter-less version. For egg-less version, please check Mango Chocolate Marble Cake recipe. Mango Cake recipe requires all simple ingredients like butter, egg, olive oil, brown sugar and fresh ripe mango puree. Brown sugar can be replaced by refined sugar or honey or jaggery. I have used Alphonso mango variety and made fresh mango puree. To prepare mango pulp puree, remove the skin of a ripe mango, chop mango pulp and grind it in a mixer to smooth paste. Use this puree to prepare cake.
Some of the other cake recipes shared in my blog, Chocolate Wheat Flour Cake, Rum Raisin Cake, Coconut Ghee Cake, Carrot Peanut Butter Cake and Rava Fruit Cake. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Easy Mango Tea Cake Recipe
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- salt - a pinch
- 70 gm unsalted butter - at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp brandy essence or vanilla essence
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp fresh mango puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Mango Wheat Flour Cake
- Take a mixing bowl and add butter. Using a electric blender or hand whisk, beat butter till smooth. Add one egg at a time and beat it again till you get smooth batter. Now, add brown sugar and brandy essence.
- Beat it again. Add mango puree and olive oil. Beat everything again and keep aside. Sieve wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add this dry mixture to wet mixture and fold everything well. Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Take a cake pan and grease with little butter. Dust wheat flour and pour batter. Keep the pan inside oven and bake at 180 degree C for 25-30 minutes or till a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Remove cake from the pan and let it cool for 10 minutes. Remove it carefully from the pan and cut into slices. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.