Collection of Masoor Dal Recipes / Indian Red Lentil Recipes, I have compiled a list of 12 masoor dal recipes shared in my blog. If you try any of my recipes, do share your valuable feedback with us.
Masoor Dal / Red Lentils, just like any other pulses or lentil or legumes is a rich source of protein. We call it as mysore paruppu and mainly use to prepare dal.
There are two types of masoor dal. Whole masoor dal is brown in color and when cooked doesn’t change its color. Split masoor dal is orange in color and changes its color and looks similar to toor dal after cooking. Whole lentils are always more healthy compared to split lentils as they do not go under much processing. I have shared various curry varieties made using masoor dal which can served as side dish for roti or dosa or rice.
Collection of Masoor Dal Recipes / Indian Red Lentil Recipes
- Phalguni Dal Recipe, how to prepare an easy side dish for roti / chapati using fresh green peas (matar) and masoor dal (mysore paruppu / split red lentils). This is a healthy, protein-rich and very filling meal on its own.
- Panchratan Dal Adai Paniyaram, a healthy and protein rich evening snacks recipe which can be packed for kid’s lunch. Panchratan or Panchmel Dal is nothing but a mixed combination of Channa Dal, Toor Dal, Moong Dal, Urad Dal & Masoor Dal.
- Egg Masoor Dal Curry, a simple protein rich lentil curry made creamy by adding coconut milk. Use this curry base to prepare pulao / biryani.
- Masoor Dal Khichdi, a healthy vegan one pot meal made from rice, masoor dal and chow chow with the touch of homemade garam masala.
- Masala Masoor Dal, an easy and healthy north Indian style dal. Try this recipe with whole masoor dal or split masoor dal. Add mint leaves for nice aroma.
- Mutton Dalcha Recipe, hyderabad style mutton and red lentils curry flavored with indian spices, usually served with kuska or chicken / mutton biryani.
- Panchratan / Panchratani Dal, five lentils are cooked together in a yogurt based curry. dal is loaded with lots of proteins and nutrition & is a best option for weight conscious people.
- Chicken Haleem, hyderabad special haleem is a thick stew or porridge made from wheat, spices, lentils, barley and minced meat. You can use chicken, beef or mutton. For vegetarian version, try it with vegetables of your choice.
- Dal Tadka, the famous restaurant style dal tadka (tempered dal), served with roti, naan or any indian flat bread variety.
- Rajasthani Dal Baati, no onion no garlic dal recipe, the famous rajasthan special dal made using five combination of lentils and served with hard wheat rolls.
- MTC Dal (Masoor-Toor-Channa Dal), the trio combination of channa dal, masoor dal and toor dal in a regular dal recipe.
- Masoor Dal (Indian Red Lentil), split red lentils are used to prepare this delicious, healthy and vegan dal recipe tempered with south indian tempering ingredients, onion vadagam.