Paneer Bhurji, how to prepare peppery paneer podimas at home by following simple steps. I have already shared one version of paneer bhurji.
Recently, I tried this bhurji in a restaurant. There was lots n lots of green chilies and pepper masala added to the burji which of course didn’t suit my taste. We have reduced the spice and salt level in our food for the sake of our boy. I badly wanted to try the bhurji at home after the disappointment. I made it less spicy. You can also add green chilies or increase the quantity of pepper powder.
This is a plain bhurji recipe and no eggs are added. There is a lot of difference in the texture and taste of homemade versus store bought paneer. I would strongly suggest to make your own paneer which doesn’t contain any preservatives. Serve paneer bhurji as starter or with roti.
You can find out paneer recipes in my blog. If you try any of my recipes then do share your feedback with us.
Paneer Bhurji Recipe
- 1 cup scrambled paneer
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 stick curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp saunf
- 1 and ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¾ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Paneer Podimas
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds, curry leaves and saunf. Add chopped onions and sauté a while.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and scrambled paneer. Sauté a while. Now add turmeric powder, pepper powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Add salt to taste and stir fry for few minutes till the raw smell goes. Serve this with roti.