Aloo Gobhi Fry, today we will see how to prepare an easy and quick sabzi recipe made using potatoes and cauliflower. A completely vegan and healthy side dish to go with roti.
There are many versions to prepare this sabzi. I have shared dry sabzi which takes only few minutes to prepare. Gobi and aloo are tossed together with dry masala in a iron pan. We are not adding water. If you add more jeera then it become aloo gobi jeera Fry 😊 Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Some of the other vegetable which can be added are fresh green peas, carrot, beans or broccoli. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe. If you are looking for ideas on side dish for chapati, then do check my post.
Aloo Gobhi Fry
- 1 cup gobi / cauliflower florets
- 2 potatoes- sliced
- 1 onion - sliced
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Aloo Gobi Sabzi
- Heat enough water along with little turmeric powder and salt in a vessel and cook Gobi florets for 2 minutes. Drain the water completely and keep gobi aside.
- Take a pan and heat oil. Temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add chopped onions and sauté a while. Now add potatoes and gobi. Stir well.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala, hing, coriander powder and salt to taste. Mix all and cook covered for 10 mins. Stir occasionally and add few tsp of oil if needed. Serve sabzi with roti.
Recipe Video :