Beetroot Jaggery Cake, today let’s see how to prepare beets walnut cake along with video. I have also added butterscotch nuts so this cake is loaded with the flavours.
The dark color of cake is due to addition of jaggery. Cake is very light, spongy and mild sweet. Increase the quantity of jaggery or replace with honey or refined sugar or brown sugar. This is a butterless cake. I have added olive oil. You can replace it with ghee, butter or coconut oil. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Beetroot Jaggery Cake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 medium sized beetroot or ½ cup beets paste
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup curd
- ¼ cup powdered jaggery
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup crushed butterscotch nuts
- ¼ cup crushed walnut
- Please check the instructions below.
Beets Walnut Cake
- Pressure cook beetroot with enough water for 3 whistles. Blend cooked beets to smooth paste and keep aside. Whisk one egg in a bowl using electric beater or hand whisk.
- Add another egg and whisk again. Now add beetroot paste and blend well. Add curd, jaggery, crushed walnut, butterscotch nuts nd olive oil. Blend everything well and keep aside.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour to wet batter and fold everything well. Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Pour batter in cake pan and bake for 30-35 mins or till a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Remove cake from the oven and let it cool down. Cut it into slices and serve.