Beetroot Poori, today we will see how to prepare beetroot Poori at home along with a Video.
Beets poori is very simple recipe and also vegan. Beetroot is cooked and blended to smooth paste. Add this paste to the Wheat flour and knead. They puff up very well and gives gorgeous color. You can also try the same method with carrot, spinach and tomato. The colourful poori will sure attract the kids and they will enjoy. Serve poori with tomato Thokku, Aloo masala or Channa masala. There would be no compromise in the taste. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
You can use the same dough to prepare chapati.
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp Amla or amchur Powder - optional
- 1 medium sized beetroot
- Please check the instructions below.
How to make Beets Poori
- Pressure cook beetroot with enough water for 3 whistles. Drain the water and use to knead dough. Blend cooked beets without adding water to smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Sieve flour and add salt, cumin powder, beets paste, Amla powder and knead knead to smooth dough adding water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Divide dough into lemon sized balls and roll to form poori. Deep fry them and serve with aloo or Channa masala.